Product photographyI've been spending quite a bit of time learning how to do product photography in the last two weeks—I'm helping a friend with turning his blog into a way to sell his work, and getting decent product shots was the first step.
It's been an interesting journey and a steep learning curve. What I've learned is that, with my level of knowledge (low!), not having the right kit makes it a bit of a trial and error process. And even once it works, making it repeatable I found to be no mean feat.
Because of my poor control over lighting / lack of experience to get it right in-camera, I shot in RAW throughout. That meant I could change the exposure and white balance in the digital darkroom and 'rescue' what otherwise could have ended up in that bit-bucket in the sky.
All the shots are now taken and we're working on the blog template. Once it's ready, I'll put a post together with links to it.
Duchy Square GalleryI drove to the gallery in Princetown (map) for a meeting with the lovely Philippa on Monday. Great result, she took 4 prints for immediate display and ordered a pony triptych, ready for the exhibition starting in November.
September draw updateThere are 9 successful entries so far. If you're not one of them and you want in, please see the rules. Closing date is midnight, 30th September, UK time. The successful entrants so far are:
- TheEnvoy is in: (Routes Into The Sky, Like a Phoenix)
- dbg: is in... (Encroaching Rubble)
- f8hasit: is in... (Winter Seafront Stroll, Mindful Of Storms)
- imac: is in... (Mooring In A Grass Sea)
- Melania: is in... (Churchyard Sentinels)
- Valerie007: is in...(Hot Air Balloon Stack)
- MuzaChan: is in... (Fuel Terminal Railway)
- A scattering: is in... (Constable Thatched Cottage)
- Emma in Wonderland: is in... (Welcome To My Parlour)
comments / feedback always welcome :)